Monday, July 3, 2017

Speciality Bible Review: ICB Blessed Garden Bible

This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.

This is a Holy Bible that uses the ICB (International Children's Bible) Translation. It is not a Bible storybook; it contains full Bible text and includes some dictionary words in bold and teaching pages in between the Bible text that teach things like how to study the Bible, how to pray, how to forgive others, and how to know Jesus better. There are also pages that can be filled in with written information like the Bible reader's family history information, brothers and sisters birthdays, and favorite Bible verses. Bible verses are also listed for different Names of God and the Miracles of Jesus. There is a Concordance and Memory Verses for my Life section. There are also some color maps of Abraham's Journey, the Desert Wanderings, Jesus' Last Week in Jerusalem, and Palestine in Jesus' Life.

I think a lot of children will find this Bible translation easy to understand. I read the Bible books of 1 Peter, 2 Peter, and Jonah while reviewing it. I sometimes used it alongside another translation and I could tell some differences. The bolded words are a good prompt for children to look up words in the dictionary in the back to learn their meanings. I think some of the Bible text that is darkened will highlight some important information to children. Some children that read this Bible might find it interesting that there is a page near the end that lists kids in the Bible and how God used them.

I like it that it is not overflowing with information in between Scripture because it might help children to stay focused on the Scriptures better. The headings listed throughout the Bible will help children to understand what the different parts of Scripture are about.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this Specialty Bible free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment