Friday, June 9, 2017

Specialty Bible Review: Kids' NIV Visual Study Bible

This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.

This Kids' NIV Visual Study Bible is filled with a lot of information, such as Bible book introductions, notes on the sidelines of the Bible text, illustrations, photographs, charts, and maps. It contains over 700 visual images and will help children have a deeper understanding and meaning of what they read in the Bible. The information included on the pages applies to the parts of Scripture they are posted around from what I noticed, so they will not have to flip between pages of Scripture often when studying the notes. Beginning pages before the Scriptures start include a presented to page, introduction page, table of contents, alphabetical order of the books of the Bible, and preface. Ending pages after the Scriptures end include a table of weights and measures, infographics index, maps index of maps used throughout the Bible, and colored maps.

This specialty Bible contains additional features on every page of Scripture from what I noticed. Some pages include only sidebar study notes, while others contain notes and other information, such as a photograph, illustration, or chart. I only noticed one piece of information per every two pages they were used on besides the study notes, which I think is good since I think it won't overwhelm children with information.

I wish I would've had this Bible as a child and youth! The information included in this Bible has been great for me as an adult, and helped me to understand what I was reading a lot better. I have even thought about using this Bible as the main study Bible I use because the information given has made my Bible reading much deeper. For instance, in the book of Ruth it lists a map of Elimelek and Naomi's journey. And in the book of Ezra it lists a picture chart of the number of temple treasures given and another for gifts for God's house, as well as shows a drawing of Zerubbabel's temple. So, I think some (and maybe many) adults can also benefit from the information in this Bible, because a lot of times adults don't understand the deeper meaning of what they read and need it opened up for them like I believe the information in this specialty Bible does a great job of doing!

I'm so glad to come across this specialty Bible that I believe will help children to become more interested in what they read in the Bible. I believe it will reveal just how interesting God is and what Biblical times were like.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this Specialty Bible free for the purpose of reviewing it. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment