Sunday, June 4, 2017

Book Review: Ruth: Discovering Your Place in God's Story by Eugene H. Peterson

This is a Drawn in Bible Study about the Biblical book of Ruth. It takes you through the whole book of Ruth with The Message translation. It breaks it up into sections and then has questions to answer personally or in a group. Alongside the Scriptures and the questions there are pictures associated with the book of Ruth that can be colored before, during, or after the information is read and the questions are answered. The questions will help the participants to discover how the book of Ruth might have similarities with their lives in some ways.

One of the first things that got my attention while going through this Bible study, and that I don't remember coming across while reading the book of Ruth before, is that Naomi's family were Ephrathites, which means to me that they might have been from the tribe of Ephraim even though they were from Bethlehem in Judah.

I learned more about Boaz as well, like about how he was connected to Naomi's family. I also remembered Naomi being a bitter woman from reading the book of Ruth in the past and this Bible study showed me her heart got softer as the story went along.

I am not a big fan of The Message translation so I looked up the Bible verses in another translation after I read them in this book.

I loved the option of being able to color pictures about the book of Ruth as I was reading and writing in this book. Some of the questions in the book really made me think deeper!

My Review= 4.5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free for the purpose of reviewing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment