Friday, June 16, 2017

Book Review: The One Year Book of Hope Devotional by Nancy Guthrie

This is a wonderful book of 52 weeks worth of devotions. Each week gives 6 devotions. The devotions focus on hope. A lot of the devotions share Nancy Guthrie's experiences and how the hard experiences she has faced can show others that their lives can be turned around by a lot of hope. Most devotions have a Bible verse at the top of the page, a story, prayer, and digging deeper tidbit that encourages readers to go deeper in the Bible about the topic. Usually at the end of the week there is a reflection, meditation, and prayer.

This book has been such an encouragement to me over the last year or so. I was thrilled to learn that the author is/was a part of GriefShare, which I was a part of some of their small groups. I recognize her now from the videos we watched in class. Nancy's stories of some of the hardships she and her husband went through have helped give me so hope to overcome challenges and hardships also. She showed me that no matter what you go through even if you have the wrong responses and attitudes at first or many times you can learn to practice the right responses and attitudes with a little or a lot of practice.

Such a huge blessing to read this devotional! I hope many others will be encouraged by it!

My review= 5 out of 5 stars




No comments:

Post a Comment