Monday, June 5, 2017

Book Review: Indescribable Coloring Book

This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read. It is also meant for adults who like coloring books to read.

This coloring book is 96 pages long. It  includes pictures to color associated with the lyrics from the song Indescribable by Laura Story and Jesse Reeves and also recorded by Chris Tomlin. It goes through the entire song in order. The song lyrics are on the right-hand side of the book with illustrations, and only illustrations are on the left-hand side of the book. It focuses on God's creation of animals and nature. It will give people many hours of coloring, and will also help people to meditate on what the verses of the song mean. The illustrations provide detail which are great for thin markers, gel pens, and colored pencils.

Coloring in this coloring book gave me some much needed time to destress. The pages of this book are pretty big to me, which gave a lot of room for coloring. The pages also feel thick to me. Most of the markers I used didn't bleed through them. The gel pens I used didn't bleed through them, although I can see some darkened shading through a page I used the gel pens on.

I love the idea of using song lyrics for a coloring book. I was kind of surprised that there were no people drawn in the book to color (since we are one of God's creation too), but as I read the lyrics, I realized the song really doesn't really focus on us and it is about animals, nature, the moon and sun, etc.

This would be a good book for people to learn the lyrics of the song Indescribable (adults and children). I didn't realize it until now but I remembered I taught a small group of children how to sing Indescribable a couple of years or so ago, and this book would've been nice for them to have to help learn the song and to color in at the same time.

My review= 4.5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment