Thursday, April 27, 2017

Book Review: Tranquility: A Prayer Reflection and Coloring Journal


This is a very nice journal to help maintain calmness, quietness, peacefulness, and serenity. It contains prayers, spiritual reflections, Bible verses, and/or writing and drawing exercises on the left-sided pages and something to color related to that on the right-sided pages. Sometimes it switches between the left and right-sided pages for room to write. There is usually something to color on the left side of the page also, but usually not as much as on the right side. People can pray the written prayers and record their random thoughts about the topics for each reflection. Sometimes Bible verses are included within the drawings on the right-sided pages also. Sometimes there is a lot of room to write or draw and sometimes a medium or small amount of space. The exercises throughout the book encourage a deeper spiritual relationship.

This prayer reflection and coloring journal has been a great supplement for to use while I have been reading an interactive spiritual book that encourages me to write out my thoughts from the teachings in the book. I have written out some of the questions and my answers to those questions on pages with the same kinds of topics. There was usually just about the right amount of space to use on the pages for what I wrote. It was nice to have this book to color in also, to me that makes it a more personalized journal. I love that there are prayers included throughout the book that focus on verses on Scriptures, that way I can bring up Scripture to God as I am praying.

I am very glad to have come across this journal! It is probably going to be a keepsake journal for a lot of people!

My review = 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free for the purpose of reviewing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment