Friday, April 14, 2017

Bible Review: Princess Bible: ICB Translation


This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.

This Princess Specialty Bible is a Bible for young girls. It is not a Bible storybook, it uses the ICB (International Children's Bible) Translation. It contains full Bible text and includes some inspirational pages in between the Bible text. Children will come across pages such as "How Do I Know Jesus Loves Me?", "How Do I Forgive?", and "How Do I Study the Bible?". Additional learning pages in the back of this Bible include "The Names of God", "The Miracles of Jesus", "The Disciples", and "Kids in the Bible". There are colored maps in the back of this Bible. It also includes a small coloring book with stickers that match some of the pictures in the coloring book and the Bible.

I like that there is timeline called "The church continues until the Lord returns" before the Bible text starts. I also like that the ICB translation comes from the original Hebrew and Greek languages.  I could see some differences in this translation versus another translation I use when I read the book of Jude side-by-side. I also like that it lists some key topics with Bible verses that some children might be familiar with before the Bible text starts.

There is a sticker at the bottom of the Bible I received that says "Princess Sparkle Bible with FREE Coloring Book & Stickers". The front cover and side binding of the Bible look kind of sparkly with the gold and gray colors but I didn't notice any other kind of sparkle look throughout the learning pages. There are stars, hearts, flowers, etc. but they don't really sparkle to me in the Bible or in the stickers. Those pages in this Bible and the stickers are colorful to me though. I believe that the coloring book and stickers will add a lot of fun for some girls with using this Bible even without a sparkly look of gold, gray, or glitter in them.

There is also a dictionary in the back of the book that will probably be helpful to children that use it; it defines some words in the Bible, even some of the people in the Bible. I feel it is a good Bible with a good translation; it will bring the whole Bible text to children with some explanations in between the Bible text.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this Specialty Bible free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment