Saturday, March 11, 2017

Specialty Bible Review: The Plans I Have For You Holy Bible: NIV

This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.

The Plans I Have For You Holy Bible is a children's Bible that contains the NIV translation. At various places in Scripture there are "Promise Prayers" (prewritten prayers that can be prayed and are based on Scriptures) and "God's Big Plan" pages (a commentary based on Scriptures) written by Amy Parker. There are also highlighted Scriptures based on a wide variety of topics that are there to uplift and encourage.

Beginning pages include two title pages, the Table of Contents, an introduction to whoever will be reading it (spoken in a way that children can understand), and the Preface. From there the beginning pages of Scriptures start. Ending pages include a Table of Weights and Measures, a Scripture Index (that lists the Scriptures that are highlighted throughout the Bible), an index to the "God's Big Plans" notes, and an index to the "Promise Prayers".

I read through the Bible books of Zephaniah and Philippians while reviewing this Bible. I was glad that there were prayers included because I think they will help children to learn to pray or help them to pray different kinds of prayers then they might be used to based on Scripture passages. I also liked that the "God's Big Plan" notes were written in a way that will help children to understand the Scriptures better. The highlighted passages I came across got my attention and I think they will be something that children will start remembering as being important and encouraging as they come across those passages again and again.

It might be helpful for some to know that this is not a picture Bible filled with a lot of colors. It contains the entire set of Scriptures. Black ink is used for Scriptures, blue is used with the highlighting of the encouraging Scriptures, and there are some bluish and black colors with the "Promise Prayers" and "God's Big Plan" notes.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this Specialty Bible free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment