Thursday, March 2, 2017

Speciality Bible Review: Precious Prayers Bible (NKJV)


This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.

This Precious Prayers specialty Bible contains Precious Moments prayers in between various pages of Scripture. It contains the full New King James Version (NKJV) text with notes at the bottom of the Scripture pages. The first pages included before the Scriptures starts is a place to write in who this Bible might be given to for a special occasion, a prayer, family history page, Bible title page, a background about what a Bible is, how to start reading the Bible, getting to know God, another title page, the books of the Old Testament, the books of the New Testament with the pages each Bible book starts on, and the NKJV introduction. Ending pages after the last page of Scripture include a chart of the Ministry of Jesus, the Miracles of Jesus, and colored maps.

I read through the Bible book of Jeremiah and a lot of information I hadn't noticed before popped out at me, such as Jeremiah's calling in Jeremiah 1:10, a theme about the North, and a description of who the Rechabites are in Jeremiah 35.

I was kind of surprised that in the section about how the read the Bible that it is recommended to start reading in the book of Mark. This is because I mostly remember recommendations on starting in the book of Matthew, which is the start of the gospels in most Bibles. After comparing the start of both of the Bible books of Matthew and Mark I can now see why the introduction in Mark would probably be easier for most children to understand.

I didn't like how in one section (the "How to Start Reading the Bible section) it listed a story as a Christmas story and an another as an Easter story because I think it should have been listed more like the Bible explains, such as Easter explained as Passover (Pesach).

I like that this is a full text Bible. I also like how the prayers are added within the pages versus planting on them different pages of Scripture, which separates the prayers from the actual Scripture verses.

This is a great Bible for children to have as a first Bible. With the help of parents and other adults that work with children in places where Bibles are used, it will help them to learn how to pray through the various prayers while having the Bible read to them, or reading it themselves if they are able to.

My review= 4.5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this Specialty Bible free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment