Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Book Review: Sammy Spider's Passover Shapes by Sylvia A. Rouss, Illustrated by Katherine Janus Kahn

This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.

Sammy is hanging around the Shapiro family again, this time watching them get ready for Passover (Pesach). While they are cleaning he makes spider webs in different shapes of items that relate to Passover. After all the webs that the spider makes, Sammy wonders if spiders can celebrate Passover. The spider's mom replies in a way that will probably make many children smile.

This is a short book that will help children learn about basic shapes and also about items that are often included in Passover. I like that some words associated with Passover are highlighted in blue, I feel like that will give teachers and parents a chance to pause to explain those words better. I also like that the pages of the book are hard because I think the book will last longer in a classroom because of that.

My review = 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free for the purpose of reviewing it.

Ages: 1-4
Grades: Pre-K

No comments:

Post a Comment