Monday, February 20, 2017

Book Review: Close to Home by Deborah Raney

This Chicory Inn series novel puts the spotlight on Bree Cordel Whitman. She is the widow of Grant and Audrey Whitman's son Tim and has been in previous novels in this series. The story will take you inside Bree's mind and how she feels about Tim's family. The whole family meets on Tuesday's for dinner. Bree decides to date one of her coworkers, although he doesn't understand why she has to stay so connected to her "ex's" family. Tim tries to connect with Bree's family and can maybe even be considered an outsider; it left me kind of on the edge to know if Tim's family would accept him and also if Tim would accept the family.

I really liked learning about Bree in this novel because I only learned a little bit about her in previous novels. I learned that she worked special events for a living and what life was like for her outside of her Tuesday night dinners with Tim's family. The story showed me that it was important for Bree to stay connected to Tim's family and that they stay connected  to her, to maybe keep Tim's memory alive. I also liked learning about a special connection she had with Tim's grandmother.

Although there was some twist and turns I could predict some of the outcome. There was some things that were kind of left in the air, like cliffhangers, and maybe those will be included in the next novel in this series.

My review - 5 out of 5 stars

I was sent this book free for the purpose of reviewing the next book in the series.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment