Thursday, January 12, 2017

CD Review: Junie B Jones: First Ever Musical Edition! with First Grade At Last by Barbara Park

This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.

The Junie B. Jones: First Ever Musical Edition! contains the story First Grader at Last and 15 songs from Junie B. Jones the Musical.

First Grader at Last is read from Junie B. Jones' point of view.  First grade sure is different for Junie; a friend of Junie's is acting much differently than she did last year. Even though her world seems like it has taken a turn of the worst through various disappointments, Junie is faced with some new experiences that didn't happen the previous year. Junie writes about her experiences in a journal.

I think this audio book will be fun for children to listen to. I also think that first grade is probably too soon for most children to know how to write sentences in a journal like Junie does but things might have changed since I was kid. I like how the use of a journal is used in the story though to help readers see it from Junie's point of view. I like how Junie's voice sounds; in my opinion, it has a lot of animation in it.

Junie B. Jones the Musical sounds like a live musical to me. It is full of funny, energizing songs about Junie B. Jones and her life. Junie's voice sounds very animated in the songs on this CD also. It didn't seem to me like many of the songs came from the First Grader At Last CD so I think it must be a compilation of many of the different Junie B. Jones stories.

My review = 4.5 out of 5 stars

I received this CD book / musical free for the purpose of reviewing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment