Monday, January 2, 2017

Book Review: A Spectacle of Glory by Joni Eareckson Tada

A Spectacle of Glory : God's Light Shining Through Me Every Day is filled with 365 devotions, one for each day of the year. Each devotion contains a portion of Scripture to focus on, sometimes it contains one verse and sometimes more. There is also a prayer at the end of each devotion that is often said in the tense of author Joni Eareckson Tada, but can be applied to each individual reader's life. There are also footnotes at the bottom of some of the devotions that list other Scripture verses as they are brought into the devotions. Joni often uses examples of what she has endured in her life to help people find a lot of hope, encouragement, and truth through their circumstances. She also sometimes uses examples of other well known people to show a spiritual example or truth.

I felt a calm tone while reading through this devotional book. I often looked forward to pulling it out because the devotions often focused on one portion of Scripture at a time. I sometimes made notes in my Bible about verses related to hope, which I like to be reminded of when reading Scripture. Some of the devotions made me realize that no matter what life's circumstances I need to try harder to help people through their difficulties even when I'm going through my own. I often said the prayers listed at the end of devotions at night and my spirit often felt calmer. I also felt some spiritual excitement as a result of praying some of them, hoping God might answer what I was praying for. This devotion book has helped me to understand just how important it is to find time to connect with Jesus (Yeshua) every day, no matter what could distract me from doing so; I became encouraged to bust through the distractions that want my time, and find time to connect with Him each day.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free for the purpose of reviewing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment