Sunday, January 22, 2017

Bible Review: NIV Holy Bible for Girls : Journal Edition from Zondervan


This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.

This NIV Holy Bible for Girls: Journal Edition is hard bound and contains a turquoise design that a lot of girls would probably like. There is enough room on the sides of each page to write notes beside the Scriptures. It starts out with a "Presented" page if the Bible is going to be given to someone and lists who it will be given to, given by, the date it is presented on; that page can be used for someone who obtained it on their own to write their name. The Table of Contents can be found on the next page followed by the Alphabetical Order of the Books of the Bible and the Preface. From there the Bible text starts and continues through without commentary. There are notes at the bottom of each page to point out important references to Hebrew terms, Hebrew text information, and other important information. This Bible simply ends with a Table of Weights and Measures right after Scripture. It also contains a beautiful light turquoise ribbon marker and also an elastic closure.

I read through the books of Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, and James and wrote some notes of Scriptures that popped out at me. I also used it while I was reading through a devotion book that concentrated on hope. I found a lot of places in Scripture that focused on hope and wrote notes along the sides of the pages. Using this Bible for that showed me through some of the Scriptures that nobody can define hope for me but God himself, and that I should just try to concentrate on hope that the Holy Spirit shows is available for me that will not disappoint me.

The Scripture text is kind of small to me but I think it might be that way to make up for the extra spaces the journal lines take up. If I write thin enough on the journal lines they can be doubled up. The lines can also be used to draw something that helps relate to the Scriptures, can be used as a diary, lists can be created to help with  my spiritual walk, plus for various other uses.

The features that most people will find the most useful are probably the extra space beside Scripture to take notes and the notes at the bottom of the Scripture pages.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

I received this Bible free for the purpose of writing an honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment