Friday, January 27, 2017

Audio Book Review: The City Baker's Guide to Country Living by Louise Miller

Olivia Rawlings is hired to be a baker. She came from the Emerson Club in Boston, where disaster occurred. She has been hired to win a pie contest, which she just might have a good chance at since she is an expert at baking desserts. Her boss seems to be much different than what she is used to, after all she did make Olivia bake something pretty much on the spot as part of her interview. She seems to quickly bond with all the new people in her life. There is a man that seems to be interested in her, although she is concerned it will not be wise to be in a relationship with him since they work together. So far he is the only man that treats her like other men haven't and she thinks there is something different about him...but is there really?

This audio book was in the voice of Olivia. She mimics other characters voices throughout the book. I liked how Olivia was able to start fresh with a new position after experiencing such a disappointing setback with her other one. Since I do a lot of cooking with my job, the topic of baking interested me throughout the book and I felt connected to the story a lot. I liked how the wording was very descriptive throughout the book, which helped me to imagine better what the settings and people were like. I connected better with Oliva's character during the first part of the book.

This audio book was hard to listen to at times because there are some bad words / language (what I consider cussing) in some places on this audio book, which I wasn't expecting. Some of the descriptive language was also hard for me to bear.

My review = 3 out of 5 stars

I received this audio book free from Blogging for Books for the purpose of reviewing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment