Sunday, December 11, 2016

Coloring Book Review: The Night Voyage by Daria Song

This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read. It is also meant for adults that like adult coloring books.

This coloring book is filled with interesting illustrations to color that concentrate on a little girl's nighttime voyages. It focuses on her voyages and also shows what she saw during some them. It includes pictures of the girl sleeping, stars, teddy bears, presents, nature, etc. There are also some illustrations of what looked like might have be her home. Most of the illustrations look very detailed to me, which take a lot of time to color, while others are less detailed and do not take as much time to color. Most of the illustrations include the left and right sides of the pages. There is also a visual index in the back of the book, which gives each illustration a name.

The illustrations in this coloring book from my eyes gave a soft-hearted looking girl bit of an adventurous spirit. In my opinion, the detailed drawings will help people imagine many different colors to color. Even though I had the cover illustration to go by when coloring one of the illustrations, I ended up coloring it much differently. So the possibilities of how to make the illustrations look different with different colors really seem endless to me. Coloring some of the illustrations did seem to alleviate some stress I was feeling also.

I used colored gel pens in this coloring book since most of the illustrations were very detailed to me. The drawings turned out very colorful to me from using them. Colored pencils would also work well in this coloring book. To me this is considered an adult coloring book but I believe youth would enjoy coloring in it also.

My review = 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free from Blogging for Books for this review.

More information about The Night Voyage:

http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/546973/the-night-voyage-by-daria-song/

About author Daria Song:

http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/authors/2116821/daria-song/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment