Friday, December 16, 2016

Book Review: Jesus Today by Sarah Young

Jesus Today: Experience Hope in His Presence contains 150 devotions that read as if Jesus (Yeshua) is speaking to the readers. Bible verses that support the topics and words of the devotions are listed on the opposite page of the devotions. Many of the devotions are about hope; it seemed to me about one in every ten devotions are about hope and sometimes they seem to occur more often. There are also some quotes about hope and other topics and more Bible verses at different places in the book. There is also a Scripture Index in the back of the book, listing Scriptures that are used in the order they appear in the Bible and the pages they are located on.

I concentrated often on the Bible verses about hope as I was reading through the devotions in this book. I made a note of these verses in a Bible that I can write notes in. This book really showed me that there are many Bible verses about hope and I sometimes learned more context with the verses about hope when I read other Scripture verses that are around them. These devotions and the Scriptures that support them sure showed me how important hope is to God if is brought up in Scripture so much!

I am not sure Jesus was speaking to me directly through the devotions, but what was said could have been something like he would say. Jesus may have been speaking to me more often than I thought through the devotions though, I did run across some that seemed like a bright light shone on to me. The quotes and extra verses added a pause to some of the readings for me.

This would be a great devotion book to read for people that need a lot of hope and encouragement through Scripture!

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this Bible free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment