Friday, November 4, 2016

Book Review: Everything Beautiful Coloring Book


This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.

This coloring book can be colored by both adults and children. To me it looks like it was designed more for adults though. There are a lot of beautiful pictures to color throughout it of nature, animals, decorations, historic sites, etc. On the page beside the drawings there is a quote either from the Bible, a person, or a publication. There is also a quote from the Bible or a person within each drawing. I counted 45 illustrations to color.

I colored some of the pictures in this book with gel pens, gel crayons, and markers. All three worked well in this coloring book. To me the paper seems pretty thick. The markers were the ones that bleed a little bit through the paper in spots. I can see some of the color of the gel pens through one of the pictures, although it doesn't look like they bled through. I cannot see the gel crayons on the other side of the paper at all.

I enjoyed coloring some of the pictures that included a Bible passage within them. The pictures had a lot more meaning to me when they included that. For instance, "He will come to us like the winter rains" is written within an illustration of the sunshine shining from the clouds on a river, lake, or ocean of water while it is raining. Hosea 6:3 is written under the words. Because a lot of these illustrations focus so much on scripture, I believe that they can be used as illustrations in Sabbath school for children and possibly adults.


My review= 5 out of 5 stars


More information about the book:

http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/books/546732/everything-beautiful-by-waterbrook/


I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment