Friday, November 11, 2016

Book Review: Jesus Always by Sarah Young

Jesus Always: Embracing Joy in His Presence is a book of 365 devotions, for each day of the year. The devotions are worded as if Jesus (Yeshua) is speaking directly to the readers, while including words from Scripture in italics. There are Scripture verses at the end of each devotion that usually apply to the words in italics. The devotions help Jesus' followers to be able see that Jesus is with them always when they have God's holy spirit inside of them. Readers will come across different themes related to Scripture and are encouraged to pray at various times while reading the devotions.


Sometimes I really believed the words (or the main themes) I was reading in this devotion came directly from the heart of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. I started out highlighting what I thought Jesus was trying to get across to me and ended up highlighting a good portion of the book. So, it's possible that this book was like a continuous letter from God that I was supposed to read. I noticed the "joy" theme many times in this book. Another theme that stuck out at me is how God takes our right hand and helps us (Isaiah 41:13). This book helped deepen me more spiritually in those areas.

This is probably going to be a keepsake book for some people that hear deep spiritual insights into their lives through it.

My review- 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment