Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Book Review: Hanukkah Delight by Leslea Newman, Illustrated by Amy Husband

This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.
 
Hanukkah Delight is another great addition to the Very First Board Book series for young learners!   It is a short book that gives the basics of Hanukkah, such as what to do around the Hanukkah candles, food that is eaten, a popular game that is played, and the giving of gifts.

I like how the book taught that the blessings the people in the book recited were ancient blessings. I also like how the menorah was placed on a table around food, which showed me the characters were celebrating a special Hanukkah meal. I especially like that the characters in the book looked happy to be together, which should show children that Hanukkah is supposed to be a joyous time.

I think a lot of children will like that the friends and neighbors in the book are different kinds of animals dressed up like people. Their teacher or parents can even teach them about what kind of animals each of them are. It is a plus that this book is hardback because the entire book is hardback (including the pages within it) and should hold up longer.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free for the purpose of an honest and unbiased review.

Ages: 1-4
Grades: PreK

No comments:

Post a Comment