Sunday, September 18, 2016

DVD Review: When Calls the Heart : Season 1


When Calls the Heart : Season 1 the Episodes is based on the When Calls the Heart book series by Janette Oke. Elizabeth Thatcher is new to Coal Valley, a coal mining town that thrives on hope. A lot of women have become widows in the town, due to an explosion in the mining profession of their husbands. Elizabeth is at odds with Jack Thornton, but with every step they take they come to like each other better.

Elizabeth and Jack are the main characters and most of the people in the town seem to love and respect them. I haven't been able to predict what will happen in each episode, the turn of events has often been unexpected. The episodes seem to weave together a lot of hope and encouragement, as life happens to the people of Coal Valley.

I have fallen in love with this series, and look forward to watching season 2 episodes in the near future I hope! It is really hard to find many TV series that are good for my mind to take in so I am thrilled to come across this series. I am glad that Michael Landon's son continued the legacy of his father in bringing forth a great television series based on this book series by Janette Oak!

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

I received this DVD series free for posting some special promotions from Fishflix.com on my blog. I was not required to write a review.

This DVD series is available through Fishflix.com here: https://www.fishflix.com/christian-movies-when-calls-the-heart-complete-season-1-the-episodes-dvd.html

 


No comments:

Post a Comment