Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Specialty Bible Review: NKJV Color Code Bible

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

This NKJV Color Code Bible is a specialty Bible for children. The beginning pages explain what the Bible is so children can understand it better. It also breaks down the sections of the Bible for both the Old and New Testaments and explains what the Bible books relating to laws, history, poetry, prophecy, the gospels, and church history are. It goes into detail about the people that wrote the Bible and what their backgrounds were.  There are some Bible reading plans listed.  The Scriptures that are color coded by topics are listed. The topics are God (gold), Sin/Evil (navy), Jesus (red), Cleansed of Sin/New Life (orange), Spiritual Growth (green), Prayer and Praise (blue), and Heaven (purple). At the beginning of each Bible book there is background information given; the author, time, and theme of each of the books are listed.

The ending pages include a Bible Journal where information can be filled in about the owner of the Bible. There are sections to write in favorite Bible verses, songs and hymns, Bible stories, foods, pets, games. shows and movies. There is also a section to write in prayer requests and notes. There are colored maps for Abraham's possible journey, desert wanderings, Jesus' last week in Jerusalem, and Palestine in Jesus' life.

I read through some Bible books of minor prophets while reviewing this Bible. I found the background information at the beginning of the Bible books useful when I was reading it. I am glad that the Table of Contents is at the beginning of the Bible, right after the presentation and title pages because I think it is easier to find there.

I think children will find the color coded Scriptures helpful when reading this Bible. I think it will alert them that the information is important because it is highlighted. Children will most likely start to remember what topics the colors represent are and notice how those verses apply to the topics. I think the color coded verses will also help to start/continue planting the Word deeply in the lives of the children that read this Bible.

My Review= 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this Specialty Bible free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment