Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Book Review: If You Were Me and Lived in...Ancient China by Carole P. Roman

 *****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****


If You Were Me and Lived in...Ancient China is another addition to the ancient history series by Carole P. Roman. The books goes into detail about what life would've been like if you were a part of the Ancient Chinese culture. It speaks of when you would've been born, what your name might've been, where you might have lived, ate, wore, what the colors you wore meant, what men did as professions, what women did, what toys you would have played with, the holidays that were celebrated, etc. Important people from Ancient China are listed as well as a glossary of terms used in the back of the book.

I like at the start of the book how ancient China and what China looks like today are compared. I thought it was interesting how the colors people wore during ancient days represent things much different than they do today (at least in the country I live in). I also liked that when it spoke of religion it explained that three major religions were studied. I think children will follow it well if it is read to them at a pace they can handle. I like how this series is indepth and can be read a little bit at a time or all at once. In my opinion, the illustrations do a great job of bringing one back to Ancient China.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment