Monday, June 6, 2016

Book Review: If You Were Me and Lived in Ancient Greece by Carole P. Roman

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

This is another addition to the If You Were Me and Lived in...Ancient Times series by Carole P. Roman. There are illustrations of what Greece looked liked in ancient times and today. Topics are covered such as government, religion, food, jobs, education, clothing, sports, etc. There is a list of gods and goddesses of Ancient Greece and a glossary of terms located in the back of the book.

I have liked all the other books in this series I have read/reviewed so far but it concerned me that there was so much focus on Greek gods and goddesses in this book. I would feel uncomfortable reading this book to a child because I believe in the God of Israel in the Bible. I do think it is educational for learning about what gods and goddesses the Greeks worshiped during the ancient days, although I believe it is presented in a way that it was/is okay to believe in the Greek gods and goddesses, which is what makes me uncomfortable about ever wanting to read it to a child. The illustrations did well to bring out the ancient look to the time and places of this book to me, which I loved though.

My review= 2 out of 5 stars

I received this book free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment