Sunday, June 19, 2016

Book Blog Tour: Sea Rose Lane by Irene Hannon

Eric Nash and BJ Stevens meet in an unusual way; it is not the best of circumstances. Eric is in Hope Harbor because his job layoff put him in a difficult situation and it is a great place to be while he is thinking about what to do. BJ pours herself into work. She keeps seeing Eric, in the most unusual of circumstances.  Eric has kind of a hidden passion and wonders if he should pursue it.  Eric and BJ kind of clash but their curiosity about one another makes it easier to want to get to know each other, no matter what surprises or let downs they must face while doing so.

I really liked how this novel showed me that people can sometimes come together in friendships and other relationships even if the first, second, and even third (or more) meetings are hard.  I also liked how one of the characters didn't lash out in pain when he wasn't really looked at favorably. And, the topic about passion was excellent, about God giving people passion for certain things. Just because people may not be able to exercise one passion on a full-time basis doesn't mean they can't exercise it on a part-time basis. In my opinion, a lot of great storylines to unleash those topics to fit God's plans and timing for the characters.

I look forward to the Hope Harbor novels. So far they have been filled with a lot of hope. I haven't noticed any of the same characters in these novels so far (although I might have missed some), which makes me understand they can be read as stand alone stories.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment