Thursday, June 9, 2016

Specialty Bible Review: NIV Lifehacks Bible

The NIV Lifehacks Bible uses the NIV translation with devotional-like articles alongside the Bible text. The articles give a portion of Scripture to read, a type of habit to focus on, and an article about the habit that applies to the Bible text. At the end of the articles there is a Practical Takeaway that the reader will hopefully get from the information. It then tells you where to go for the next article.

The beginning pages before the Bible text starts include two title pages, the Table of Contents, Alphabetical Order of the Books of the Bible, Alphabetical List of Articles by Title, Foreword, welcome pages, Through the Bible in a Year, and Preface. The ending pages after the Bible text include Study Helps (Table of Weights and Measures, Endnotes, Subject Index, Index to Readings by Habit) and colored maps.

This Bible was useful to me when I was trying to dig deeper into the book of Micah. In my opinion, the articles open up the Bible verses more. They sometimes use outside sources to explain the Scriptures given. I would rather just focus on what the author(s) of the specific articles have to say though. I like how the articles are right beside or very close to the Scriptures they explain. Some of the devotions seemed to concentrate on modern ways of walking with God and Jesus (Yeshua), like with one that explained why it is good to go by the modern calendar (when I like to try to go by the ancient Hebrew one).

I also read through the books of Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians and like how the articles were there to explain Bible text I had just read. I also used some of the articles for daily devotions, to help me get a good start on some days with learning more about the Scripture verses they explained.

I love that this specialty Bible uses the NIV translation since that is a translation I use often.

I believe that people that like to have devotional-like material beside Bible text would really like this Bible.

My Review= 4 out of 5 stars

I received this specialty Bible free in exchange for an honest an unbiased review.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment