Friday, April 22, 2016

Book Review: Wonders of Creation: Illustrations to Color and Inspire Adult Coloring Book


Wonders of Creation: Illustrations to Color and Inspire is an adult coloring book that is full of interesting illustrations of animals and nature. Most of the illustrations are of animals and nature combined, while some include animals or nature and insects by themselves.   The illustrations show in many ways just how great God's creation is. The pages are both front and back. The drawings are very detailed and help relieve stress. There is an explanation about mammals, birds, and insects and how to use this coloring book at the front of the book. Coloring pens, colored pencils, felt markers, and even crayons can be used to color in this book. Details can be added with a black pen or marker to make this coloring book even more personalized.

I used gel pens and watercolor pencils on some of the illustrations in this coloring book. The gel pens colored more richer than the watercolor pencils. If I would have added water to the watercolor pencil drawings they probably would've come out richer-looking. I didn't want to add water to this coloring book or tear out a page to add water separately, which is why I didn't test out the watercolor pencils with the drawings in this book. I have colored on some pages on the right hand side of this book because sometimes it is awkward to color on the left-hand sided drawings. One of the pages has already come out of the book (I think because I had to bend the book to make coloring on the pages easier), so it will be easier for me to color the left-sided drawing with that page.

One thing I noticed with the drawings I colored is that I used A LOT of color on them, which I think is good because I could visualize what colors to use throughout most of the pages and there was very little white left on them.

My review = 4.5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment