Saturday, April 2, 2016

Book Review: Behold the Man by Bodie and Brock Thoene

Behold the Man is another book in the Jerusalem Chronicles series.  It is a fictionalized account of what might have happened for the Biblical characters of Claudia, Philo, Marcus, Carta, Josephus the elder, and all other characters in this story whose lives, hearts, and bodies were transformed by Yeshua (Jesus). The story flips back and forth between characters although Claudia, Pilate, and their son Philo's stories are focused on a lot as well as some of Yeshua's teachings and crucifixion are brought into the story. There are discussion questions in the book that are not listed out by chapter.

This story opened up my mind to what life could've been like in the lives of the Biblical characters in this story. Yeshua wasn't focused on as much as I thought he would've been (he came into the story around the middle or start of the ending part it seemed) but the story did show me what people's lives could have been like before he showed up in their lives.

I connected the most with Claudia in the book because of her difficult relationship with her husband. I didn't imagine before reading this book that her husband Pilate might have done some of the cruel things to her that were described in this book, so it helped me understand it could've been a little or a lot like that for Claudia and I hurt for her that she couldn't be with a more loving and gentle man.

I kind of got lost in some of the detail in the story; that happens sometimes with me and I know probably a lot of people will follow it much better than I did. I believe the story will help some people think more deeply about the Biblical accounts the story describes.

My review= 4 out of 5 stars

I received this book free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment