Thursday, February 25, 2016

Book Review: The Prophetess by Jill Eileen Smith


The Prophetess is the second book in the Daughters of the Promised Land series by Jill Eileen Smith. It is about the story of Deborah (D'vorah) in the Bible from Judges 4 and 5. Jill used her imagination and attention to detail with what little was mentioned about Deborah in Scripture and a beautiful and adventurous story unfolded about her life, including her relationship with Adonai (God), her husband Lappidoth (Lapidot), her children, Adonai's call for her to be a judge and mother to the people of Israel, and Sisera and his people coming against Israel.

This story did make me imagine what Deborah's life could've been like. It has also helped me to pay attention to the Song of Deborah also, which I have just scanned through in the Bible in the past. Now when I run across that in Scripture I will most likely connect with it better. It has showed me that Adoani (God) will give women callings in their life that seem unusual to the people around them, that Deborah might have been from the tribe of Ephraim (Efrayim), since that is where she lived, in a place called Ephraim in Israel, and that children sometimes do not turn out how parents want them to.

A great addition to the Daughters of the Promised Land series!

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment