Friday, February 12, 2016

Speciality Bible Review: God's Justice NIV Speciality Bible

God's Justice Specialty Bible is the NIV translation of the Holy Bible. There is a "Volumes" section that divides the books of the Bible into the volumes of Beginnings, History, Poetry and Song, Prophets, Life of Jesus, Letters, and Apocalypse. The Bible chapters can still be found in the order they usually are found in most English Bibles for the Old and New Testaments. There is an introduction to each Bible chapter. It gives commentary at the bottom of many of the pages of Scripture to describe God's justice though those verses. It speaks of various topics about humanity and how God rules over it and makes the decisions he thinks are best. At the end of the Bible chapters there are questions for reflection and a prayer to pray. Ending pages include a "Table of Weight and Measures" and "A Word About the New International Version".

I received a hardcover edition of this specialty Bible. It has a different looking index to the Bible chapters than I ever remember seeing before. It is listed at the bottom of the "Volumes" pages. Each Bible book that relates to each volume is listed under that section. It isn't located on the first few pages but is still pretty close to the front of the Bible. The Bible book titles and page numbers are also located at the bottom of the pages, when I usually see them on the top. That took some getting used to.

I really liked that the commentary was at the bottom of the pages of this Bible, under the Scripture verses because it didn't seem to distract me from Scripture and was there when I was ready to read it.

I read through the book of Jeremiah as I was reviewing this Bible. What was interesting is I started reading and speaking this part of the Bible in Hebrew (through different sources) also while I was reading it. I had no idea there was so many ways God intervened with his justice during Bible times before I read some of the commentary in it. I liked how it showed through different parts of the Scriptures and commentary that he still intervenes with his justice today in the ways that he sees fit. What I love about his justice is that it seems like he always offers people more than once chance to correct their wrongs (sins) and walk in righteousness.

People that want to learn more about God's justice would probably benefit a lot from having this specialty Bible available to them because they will be able to find his justice in many Scripture passages that they may have not noticed before.

My review= 4.5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment