Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Book Review: When I Grow Up I Want To Be...a Good Person! by Wigu Publishing

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

Blake and Brendan's parents want them to attend a funeral but they do not want to. Since the funeral is for a person that was a positive influence to many people their parents want their whole family to attend out of respect. When they get to the funeral, Blake and Brendan discover it isn't so bad...they see some of their friends there and some people that have helped them in their lives at school and other places. They even discover how Mr. Becket's influence of being a good person has rubbed off on them, without them even realizing that they were a good influence on somebody else's life.

The subject of attending funerals is probably hard for some children. I think this book will be helpful to children who are scared of attending funerals, and that it will make it less scarier for them. I liked that the boys attended Mr. Becket's funeral because they learned about different people's lives that Mr. Becket touched through the speeches some people gave and also from people that told them after the funeral service.

I noticed some people showed up from the other books in this series, which I found interesting.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment