Sunday, February 21, 2016

Book Review: Jesus Speaks by Steven K. Scott

Jesus Speaks contains 365 devotional-like encouragement readings, that are written like Jesus (Yeshua) is speaking directly to the readers. It lists the months and days of the American calendar as a guide as to when to read each reading. Each reading contains a Bible verse at the top and bottom of the reading. The readings often include words directly from certain Bible translations. It is set up to be read with The Greatest Words Ever Spoken book, also by Steven K. Scott. There is also a NOTES section in the back of the book which lists Bible verses that were used in the readings.




I read this book straight through, not worrying about what month and day was listed at the top, since I needed to review it within about 30 days. I am not sure if all the words were directly from Jesus but it sure seemed like they were to me. I didn't highlight anything in the book while reading it because I kind of felt like everything there was what I needed to hear (or most of it). I noticed how the readings focused a lot on reading Jesus' words, planting them in your heart and mind, and doing them. That made me feel like if I do that I will be a better follower of Jesus and I had no idea just how much that is repeated in the Bible until I read this book. I connected with the December 30th reading the most, about how Jesus has disciples who cannot speak, are blind, and are paralyzed. So, that made me feel better that Jesus can still use me in spite of my imperfections.

I read this book without using The Greatest Words Ever Spoken book and I believe it still deepened my relationship with Jesus more. I think it will be beneficial for other people to read with or without that book and might help deepen the relationship they have with Jesus, also.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment