Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Product Review: If You Were Me and Lived In...Italy by Carole P. Roman, Illustrated by Kelsea Wierenga

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****


If You Were me and Lived in...Italy is another wonderful addition to the A Child's Introduction to Culture Around the World series by Carole P. Roman. This time the children featured in the book are pointing to where Italy is on the globe and they are wearing the kind of clothes that are worn in Italy. It explains some of the historical information in Italy, what children call their mom and dad, popular names, food, holidays, as well as other information  about Italy that follows the pattern of the other books in the series.

It interested me to learn about the origins of a historical amphitheatre in Rome (which is the capital of Italy), since I have a little bit of a background working at one. The fact that it sat much more thousands of people than the amphitheatre I have worked at shocked me because I thought that amphitheatre was huge. Surprisingly, I don't remember reading anything about pizza, which I thought was popular in Italy. Maybe it is and that there are other more popular foods besides that, some of which are explained in this book. I liked how the names for moms and dads, currency, and school are also explained.

In my opinion, the books in this series provide a great foundation for children to compare the differences between different countries in ways that cannot easily be forgotten.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment