Monday, January 11, 2016

Book Review: Abundant Life In Jesus by Nancy Guthrie

Abundant Life In Jesus contains 365 days worth of devotions. For each day there is a main Bible verse given, encouragement from what looks like could be inspiration from God himself (if they are ordained messages...the messages are written like God is speaking to the reader himself), and a prayer to pray. The devotions can be read one per day, or if God leads more than one can be read per day. There is a Scripture Index in the back of the book which contains an alphabetical listing of the Scriptures found in this book and which day they can be located at.



At first I was kind of skeptical about the messages in this book because I had no idea if they were actually God speaking or not. Then when some of the messages kind of popped out at me and they were about situations I was currently going through and contained enough details about my situations to get my attention, I began to believe that some of them could be messages straight from God. I do not normally do this unless I think God is speaking to me...I highlighted many parts of this book in which I thought God might be speaking to me, I think it might've been about 1/6 of the book. I do not think he spoke to me through the whole book because only certain messages seemed to really pop out to me. I believe the prayers brought me much closer to God also and made our relationship deeper.

I believe that this book probably has many more people's names on it to read, so God can get some messages through to certain people that are supposed to read it. I have prayed that this book will get into the people's hands that are supposed to read it...

My Review= 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment