Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Audio Bible Review: The Word of Promise: New Testament Audio NKJV Bible


This Word of Promise: New Testament Audio NKJV (New King James Version) Bible on CD contains each chapter of the Bible from the New Testament in audio form, starting with Matthew 1:1 and ending with Revelation 22:21. Each Bible chapter has it's own CD track so listeners can start where they left off as long as they have a CD player that notices that the tracks are separated. The CD's come in one case. Since there are 20 CDs they are stacked together in the case, although there are 12 places to stick (hold) the CD's. The case needs to be carefully closed to make sure that the CDs are in place and don't get scratched (to be honest some of the CD's were not firmly in place when I popped open the case, although I think maybe they came loose when I opened the case. I didn't notice anything that indicated the CD's were scratched from coming loose).

This audio Bible is great! It has been wonderful to listen to because different parts of this audio Bible have different voices and sounds; it was great to hear different voices for different people speaking throughput the Bible chapters. I loved the music that played when some of the chapters ended; to me this indicated the mood of the situations, when something important had happened, and also helped me to understand at times that it was the end of that situation or time period.  The audio part I connected with pretty well was listening to Paul's writings in 1st and 2nd Corinthians while hearing the sound of writing; that helped me to remember that they were letters he wrote that I was listening to.

I followed along in a NKJV Bible on some days and on other days I listened at home or in my car without a written Bible. This audio Bible has made studying the Bible more interesting to me; there were days where I wished I could just listen to it all day if I could stay focused, which I didn't do because I usually need to take breaks to rest my mind after reading/listening to some Bible chapters. I hope to be able to obtain the Old Testament version of this audio Bible in the future also.

I didn't realize it until after I had been listening to the CDs for awhile but some of the voices are from people that I have recognized from television shows, films, and the music industry such as Jim Caviezel, Luke Perry, Richard Dreyfuss, Lou Diamond Phillips, John Schneider, and Michael W. Smith, plus there are others that a lot of other people would probably recognize. What a surprise and a blessing to realize these people who have touched me in other ways in the past were also a part of the great experiences I have had through this New Testament Audio Bible! Thanks, Lord!

My review= 500 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment