Sunday, October 4, 2015

eBook Review: Love's Complete: A Russian Adoption Story by Teresa Travous Hull, Illustrated by Astrid Tarkoviski

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

This is a story about an American couple adopting a Russian child and some stages that families sometimes go through to make that happen. It explains through the story that American couples go through many stages to adopt a child, such as file to adopt a child, wait for communication (which could take awhile), receive communication, review and complete adoption procedures, plan a trip to see the child they may adopt, accept an invitation to potentially adopt, go back home, wait some more, prepare for child, travel back to the country the adoptive child is from, go to court, and go back to the United States with a child if they are approved for adoption.

I think this would be a good book for adoptive children to have read to them so they understand what their adoptive parents went through to adopt them, or it could also be read to them by someone before an adoption happens. The children might not be able to understand how much of a sacrifice it was for their parents since they are not adults but I think it would possibly help them understand (a little bit or a lot) that they were wanted so much that their adoptive parents went through some important stuff to make them a part of their families. This story might help plant some seeds that "Maybe this family really does love me and won't give me up because they went through a lot to adopt me." I also think it's a good book for families with children already to have read to them, to possibly help them understand better what their parents will need to do to bring their new family member(s) into their households.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this eBook free from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment