Friday, September 11, 2015

Book Review: The Twinkies Cookbook: 85th Anniversary Edition

The Twinkies Cookbook is an 85th Anniversary edition. It combines recipes from The Twinkies Cookbook classic and adds 25 new ones. The book starts out with a background of the Hostess company that makes Twinkies and how they are where they are today. People will learn how Twinkies were originally made and why the original recipe was changed. Past advertisements are shown and how an older box of Twinkies looked. People will also learn about how Twinkies were brought back after they were taken of the shelves. There are seven sections of recipes ranging from using them as/with cake, combining them with fruits and vegetables, with meat in main dishes, and with/as novelty items. There are 5-10 recipes per section; some recipes include pictures while others list the recipes without pictures.

This cookbook brought back memories of me eating Twinkies as a child! I remember being excited to eat one as a snack, or have one included in my lunch bag/box. I loved hearing about the recipes in this book where people have used Twinkies in desserts, especially with fruit. It has given me an idea of some recipes to possibly make in the future with Twinkies. I have to admit, I had a hard time with the recipes that included them with meat but some people have the taste buds for it and good for them if they can handle it! I also learned through this cookbook that Twinkies are a snack that people of all generations enjoy; they continue to a have a taste that continues to make people of all ages happy!

My review= 4 out of 5 stars

I received this book free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment