Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Bible: Review NKJV Foundation Study Bible

The NKJV Foundation Study Bible uses the NKJV translation and provides a foundation for Bible Study for both beginning and experienced Scripture students. Each Bible book gives a background including the author, time, and theme. It also contains key features in a compact, convenient, and concise form. Each page of Scripture contains study notes at the bottom of the pages, based on the original notes prepared for the NKJV Study Bible. It also includes theological notes in bold roman heading with a dash and can be found in an index in the back of the Bible, indexed by title and location. Footnotes by NKJV translators and Scripture cross references are also included. A concordance, full-color Bible land maps, and the words of Jesus (Yeshua) printed in red are also important features of this study Bible.

I always love it when a specialty/study Bible includes the Table of Contents near the title page, which this one does (the page right after the title page). I read through about three or four Bible books in this Bible. As I did so I noticed that there are headings included about what the Bible stories are about, which I love. I also love it that Jesus's words are in red, so people that reading this Bible will know that he is speaking in those parts of Scripture.  In the study notes the Bible verses are listed, the words in the Bible verses that the study notes describe are also listed, and the explanation of the Bible verses are then given. The study notes were helpful to me at times as I read through different books of this Bible. I didn't like when the notes in this study Bible explained that we cannot live by both the law and grace because I believe God writes whatever parts of the law he wants to on each individual heart; I run into that a lot with different Bible resources though. There is a section listing Theological Notes by Title (subject) in the back of the Bible, which was helpful to me also.

For new Scripture students the layout of this study Bible might need to be explained to them. Experienced Scripture students will probably grasp onto the Scriptures, notes, and other features pretty easily.

My review= 4.5 out of 5 stars

I received this Study Bible free from the publisher in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment