Monday, July 6, 2015

Speciality Bible Review: In His Image Devotional Bible

The In His Image Devotional Bible shares devotions and prayers throughout its pages along with the NLT Bible translation. It also highlights Scripture passage "reflections", shows the readers what God might be saying through "What are you saying to me, Lord" highlights, and there is also guidance for praising God with different "We praise you, Lord" prayers that are repeated based  on different characteristics of God. Before each Bible book starts it gives a summary of those books. There is also an interesting "In His Image Reading Guide" at the beginning of the Bible, which lists characteristics of God and 327 Scripture passages they line up with; the characteristics are repeated many times but line up to different Scripture passages.

I liked the constant reminder about God's characteristics throughout this Bible. At first I couldn't understand why the same prayer was repeated throughout the pages of this Bible but then I got used to praying that same prayer before I read Scripture and liked that the same prayer was there. I also enjoyed praying the "We praise you, Lord" prayers also. The footnotes at the bottom of the Scripture pages helped me, which showed me what different manuscripts have read. I think the "God's Names and Titles Index" in the back of the book will help many people understand what the different names of God mean. That index gives the definition and lists different Bible verses that apply to those names.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

I received this Bible free through the Tyndale Rewards program. I did not have to write a review but I wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment