Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Book Review: Rejection Proof by Jia Jiang

This is an interesting book about Jia Jiang's 100 days of rejection journey. He starts the book off about why he needed to start this journey. Then he takes readers through his 100 days of rejection, starting with the way that probably most everybody feels when they put themselves out there for possible rejection. Durig the journey he found himself being accepted at times, which gave him more confidence to put himself out there for rejection more often. By giving examples of people that had been rejected a lot before they succeeded and his own personal rejection experiences, he shows readers that they can turn the rejections into learning experiences that will help them grow. Going forward with something so personal to him showed him that there were many others who were struggling with rejection as well.

This was an interesting book about how to overcome rejection. I deal with rejection a lot in the congregational world, I think because I do not make as much money as most people for fellowship opportunities and I am quiet. This book has really encouraged me to keep looking for a congregation that will accept and include me like everyone else. Hearing about people that were rejected hundreds of times before they found the life that was right for them was very inspiring.

I think it is great that Jia's wife supported him with his rejection journey. It makes me think that he could've never done it without her support. I do not think all of the 100 days of Jia's rejection journey are listed here in this book; I think mostly Jia takes people through the main high's and low's of the journey, since they are not numbered in this book.

I think this book will be an inspiration to many!

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free in exchange for a honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment