Friday, June 5, 2015

eBook Review: The Strange Ways of Providence In My Life by Krystyna Carmi


Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.

This is a powerful story about Krystyna Carmi's life before, during, and after the Holocaust. It gives an inside view of her life and the Jewish community they were a part of in Obertyn. This memoir is broken up into three sections: 1) Her happy childhood, 2) the times of horror and destruction during the Holocaust that were held in memory, and 3) rescue and care afterwards.  Each place that the Holocaust happened carries with it stories of terror, survival, and rescue it seems; Krystyna does a great job of showing this through her life in the community of Obertyn. Photos are shared of her and her family throughout the pages.

I am glad Krystyna shared her story about the Holocaust. Even though there is sadness in the pages of her losing loved ones in the Holocaust, she was able to explain that there was hope for some people who survived also, and like her were able to move forward with their lives. Seeing what her life was like before the Holocaust gave me a glimpse into seeing how terrifying it must have been to have a secure life taken away so quickly. Seeing what her life was like after the Holocaust showed me that she found some healing afterwards even though she and others that survived probably carried scars for the rest of their lives.

There is very brief language in the book that might be offensive to others. I think maybe it was there for explanation purposes though and isn't meant to offend.

I liked the there were photos in this book, they helped me to visualize some of the explanations about Krystyna and her family.  I hope this story of one young girl's survival through the Holocaust will touch many lives, and I'm glad it touched mine!

My review = 4.5 out of 5 stars

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment