Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Book Review: If You Were Me And Lived In...Mexico by Carole P. Roman

If you were me and lived in Mexico
*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

If You Were Me And Lived in...Mexico is another great children's book in the Child's Introduction to Cultures Around the World series by Carole P. Roman! The book starts off by showing a boy and a girl pointing to where Mexico is on the globe and explains further about what part of the world it is located in. It then gives some important facts about children that live in Mexico, some popular tourist attractions, what money is called, a popular sport, etc. There is also a pronunciation guide in the back of the book, to show how to pronounce Spanish words used throughout the story.

I like how the boy and the girl pointing at the globe are probably dressed as children in Mexico might dress. It might be interesting for some American children to learn about a holiday that they celebrate called Descubrimiento de America, which is called Columbus Day in other parts of  North America.

As an adult, it was great for me to learn more about Mexico and the people that live there, since I run into a lot of Mexican people at my job.

In my opinion, the books in this series do a great job of highlighting what the most important facts are about the cultures of the places they are about and what children's lives are like that live there. I like how each of the books use the same topics, which I believe helps children to compare the differences in the different cultures.

My Review= 5 out of 5 Stars

I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment