Monday, June 1, 2015

Book Review: 3 Falafels In My Pita: A Counting Book of Israel by Maya Friedman, Illustrated by Steve Mack

3 Falafels in My Pita (Board Book)
*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

This is a book that teaches children to count to 10 in English using Israeli places, things, food, etc. Children will learn the meaning of the Israel-related words through the pictures and explanations of people reading the books to them. It is suggested for children ages 1-4, grades PreK-K.

I like that this book teaches children about Israel while counting to 10. If I were reading it to a child/children, I might want to bring a show and tell item for each/some of the Israel items described if I had any available, to give the children something to put their hands on in person relating to those words. I think this is a book that children would have fun listening to and looking at the pictures of while they were learning how to count to 10 in English.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment