Friday, June 26, 2015

Book Blog Tour: Laugh Out Loud Pocket Doodles for Boys by Rob Elliott, Illustrated by Jonny Hawkins


*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

This is a joke book for young boys. Each page gives a question and answer for a joke and there is a drawing activity listed at the bottom of the page. Sometimes there are parts of the pictures missing on the people, animals, places and things; readers are supposed to draw in what is missing. Other times they will be told to draw something into the pictures that aren't there at all. The drawings in the book are pencil-like and look like cartoons to me. In my opinion, it can also be used as a coloring book that children will most likely have fun coloring.

I don't remember having heard any of the jokes in this book, so in that way I think maybe they are newer jokes than what I grew up with. I often wondered how the author came up with so many new jokes.  I think a lot of boys that read this book will have fun laughing at the jokes and drawing in it.  I also think a lot of boys will probably have fun telling the jokes that they learned in this book. I think that some might also draw in other items in the pictures, or extra items in the pictures, other than what they are prompted to draw.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

***Please stay tuned for my review of the Laugh Out Loud Pocket Doodles for Girls next week!***

No comments:

Post a Comment