Thursday, May 28, 2015

Hare and Tortoise Race Across Israel by Laura Gehl, Illustrated by Sarah Goodreau

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****


Hare and Tortoise are from the Hashalom train station where they live. They spend a lot of time together at different places throughout the day; where they go depends on how the weather is that day, since they have places they go when it's sunny or raining, day or night.  They decide to race each other across Israel. As they are doing so, children will learn about places in Israel and different types of food.

There are some words in this book that children might not understand at first. I didn't notice a glossary in this book, but as long as the person that is reading this book explains what those words mean I think the children will be able to learn them. I like the map in the back of the book that is kind of like a treasure hunt map to me. It shows the path through Israel that the Hare and Tortoise took with their race.

My review = 5 out of 5 stars

I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment