Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Book Review: Shadow of the Mountain - Exodus by Cliff Graham

Caleb is living his life with the Egyptians. He understands how to fight and who the Egyptian gods are. Why would he need to involved in this lifestyle when his heart seems to be changing? This could very well be a life of training for something God wants him to do later though. He has had some lovers too, one that is from his Egyptian life and another one that matched him more and supported who he was becoming. There is glossary of terms at the beginning of the book that gives people a glance into knowing there will be some words in the book that they might not understand.

Exodus 15:3 was the only verse I remember running across in this book, so I felt like that was the main theme of this book, about God being a warrior, and about his name. Although this book is fiction I feel like I connected with Caleb on some levels, especially Caleb's Egyptian lifestyle when God was working inside of him to want to live a Jewish lifesytle. I understood on a deeper level what it was like for a non-Jew to live around people that sometimes didn't understand the things that he understood. There seemed to me to be a lot of fighting in this book, which for some reason always causes me to zone out of stories at times, which I did with this story as well.

This is book one in the Shadow of the Mountain series by Cliff Graham. The book definitely helps visualize what life might have been like for Caleb, since he seemed to be briefly mentioned in the Bible in his earlier years. 

My Review = 4 out of 5 stars

I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment