Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Book Blog Tour: No Place to Hide by Lynette Eason

Jackie comes across her childhood friend Ian who is wanted for a crime, a crime that he insists he is innocent of and running from. If he's innocent why is he on the run though? After trying to convince Ian to not run anymore, Jackie decides to run with him, which makes her his accomplice. The story goes through twists and turns that Ian and Jackie go through to run towards what they probably hope is freedom. At the beginning of the chapters it often lists the date, time, and location that those chapters take place, giving an indication of about how long it takes for certain things to happen, which I believe is a benefit to understanding the story better.



I connected well with the setting that parts of the story took place, which was in Atlanta, Georgia. I liked Jackie's character, how she tried to help her friend Ian even though he was in a lot of trouble; I felt like she was giving him a chance to prove to her whether he was guilty or not. One of the interesting parts of this book to me was when a message was trying to be decoded. This story showed me how easy it can be to accuse people publicly and destroy their character, even if they are innocent.

I followed this story pretty well at first. I got lost around the middle of the story; sometimes that happens to me with suspense novels. I started to follow it better again when the story started to close out.

No Place to Hide is the third book in the Hidden Identity series. From what I could tell, this can be read as a stand alone novel, even though it is part of a book series.

My Review = 4 out of 5 stars

I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment