Saturday, April 18, 2015

Book Review: A.D. The Bible Continues: The Book of Acts with notes and insights from Dr. David Jeremiah

A.D. The Bible Continues: The Book of Acts is a part of the series that inspired the A.D. : The Bible Continues television series. After the Introduction and the Prologue of the last days of Jesus (Yeshua), the Book of Acts is told through each chapter, using the New Living Translation. A character biography is randomly shared of characters from the book of Acts that includes strengths and accomplishments, weaknesses and mistakes, lessons from his/her life, and vital statistics. There are eight color photos in the hardcover book I received, which are from the television series. There are some articles included about Jesus and the History of the Church. There is also a call to action and two appendixes at the back of the book, which include maps and favorite verses.

I think this book did a good job of including the whole book of Acts for all the chapters. The hardest thing for me was looking at the pictures in this book from the television series (and I have watched some of the episodes) because it looks fictionalized in some ways, and this book really isn't fictionalized from what I can tell (with the book of Acts being included from a Bible). The character biographies really helped me to understand some of the Bible characters better, so I'm glad that they were included. I also liked reading "The History of the Church " about how the early church spread and accomplished a lot; that gave me some encouragement to try to learn to be like one of the people in those types of congregations or someone that was a part of "the Way".

My Review = 4 out of 5 Stars

I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment