Thursday, April 23, 2015

Book Blog Tour: Buried Secrets by Irene Hannon

Lisa Grant is a homicide detective. Although it is hard for some women to be respected in her profession, she has managed to gain respect from some of her colleagues. She is beautiful on the inside and out to many it seems. A set of  buried human bones is found, but who knows at first exactly how long the human skeleton has been there? As Lisa and Mac McGregor work on the case together, it becomes evident that this is some sort of buried secret that the people involved probably think has been buried away many years ago. When the suspects are questioned, Lisa and Mac hope the suspects' "put together" appearance will crack, but they are not really sure exactly when and if it will crack.


I always seem to get excited when I have another book by Irene Hannon to read and review! Although it was hard for me to grasp the storyline in this novel at first for some reason (I could have been thinking about other things going on), I picked up on it early and followed it from there. Readers will know who committed the crimes in this story, the suspense comes with how the characters in this book will figure out who committed the crimes. I was so absorbed in the book that at times I wanted to pray for the characters in the story when trouble struck, and then I remembered I was reading a novel and it wouldn't help...that is how deep I was into the story, to the point where it felt like I was there watching it happen!

This is the first book in the Men of Valor series. From what I can tell so far, it looks like this novel can be read as a stand alone novel and/or continuation in the series, and it also looks like the next book in the series can be read like that also.

My Review= 5 out of 5 Stars

I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment