Sunday, March 1, 2015

Book Review: When I Grow Up I Want to be a Firefighter! by Wigu Publishing

*****This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.*****

When I Grow Up I Want To Be…a Firefighter! is another installment in the When I Grow Up children’s book series by Wigu Publishing! Will’s class is going on a field trip to the fire station. He is afraid of fire and firefighters so he does not think he will ever be able to be a firefighter. He and his class learn a lot about firefighters, fire trucks, and the building that the firefighters stay in. Since firefighters do not know when they will be called to fires they need to be ready. The fire captain shows them a faster way that they can get ready when they are called to a fire. Will has learned enough by the end of the field trip to understand whether or not he wants to change his mind about not wanting to be a firefighter when he grows up.

In my opinion, this book does a great job of educating children about the firefighting profession. It was interesting to me to learn that the building that the firefighters were in looked kind of a like a home in a lot of ways.  I liked the idea of how the children were to earn their Junior Firefighter badges. The checklist of making homes safer will help a lot of families to keep their homes safer with help from children. I’ve come to love the style of the layout of the pictures in this book and other books in the When I Grow Up book series. Cartoon-like pictures are laid out on real life photos. In my opinion, that is a way that brings this fictional story more alive.

A children’s book that is educational and fun!

My rating = 5 out of 5 stars
 
Disclosure of Material Connection: The publisher has provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment